External Employment Opportunities
Various roles - Whitelion
There are a number of current vacancies with Whitelion. Candidates must be aged between 15-24yrs old. Opportunities include customer service, hospitality, landscaping maintenance and bricklaying apprenticeships.
Please send the resumes of any suitable candidates to: Eliana Cuppari: Eliana.email@example.com M: 0406 931 823.
Please see below for a list of all positions.
Indigenous Community Development Broker - Shepparton & Kyabram
- Classification: VPS Grade 5
- Division/Branch: Regional Development Victoria/Regional Delivery/Hume Region
- Work Location: Shepparton (or other location as negotiated)
- Tenure: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Full time
- Salary Range: $83,749 - $101,330 ($85,215 - $103,103 as of 01/01/2015)
- Further information: Mark Martin, (02) 6059 0201
- Good at developing and managing relationships?
- Self motivated, results oriented, focused, accountable?
- Looking for a challenge and variety?
This role will lead and facilitate the ongoing development and implementation of LIN Community Plans, broker access to available programs and bring key stakeholders together to support an integrated approach to planning and community development for Aboriginal people across the Hume Region.
For more information see below for the position description and selection criteria, or contact Mark Martin on (02) 6059 0201 for more information. Applications close 11 January 2015.
Indigenous Associate Producer - Next Wave
Next Wave is looking for an Indigenous Associate Producer to become part of our team in 2015 and 2016.
This highly sought after position will work directly with artists to create the extraordinary work you see in our biennial Festival. An Associate Producer is a unique role that has often been filled by people who maintain their own artistic practice, and use this experience to guide, mentor and challenge our artists. Next Wave has a commitment to the work of young and emerging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and this position will bring cultural knowledge alongside their professional expertise across Next Wave’s program.
- Position Title: Indigenous Associate Producer
- Currency: 2 days per week (0.4 FTE) and increasing to full-time in the lead up to the festival in
- May 2016. Out of office hours and weekend work will be required in this role, with
- time in lieu arrangements available.
- Location: Next Wave Office, Arts House Meat Market, North Melbourne
- Remuneration: $47,000 - $50,000 pro rata, plus a superannuation contribution of 9.5%
- Applications Close: 5pm Wednesday 14 January 2015; late applications will not be accepted.
Applicants must be available for interviews on the 20 and 21 of January 2015. Interviews are held at
Next Wave HQ in North Melbourne; we can also conduct interviews via Skype if required.
See the position description below for how to apply. Applications must include:
- A short cover letter outlining why you’d like to work with Next Wave
- A two-page document (maximum) telling us about how your experience responds to the selection criteria (see below)
- A CV that MUST include contact details for 2 current referees
You are encouraged to speak with Next Wave prior to submitting your application. Enquiries about the position can be directed to Georgie Meagher, Artistic Director, on (03) 9329 9422.
Kitjarra Residential Operations Coordinator - Deakin University
- Salary range $69,830 - $75,486 pa (plus 17% super)
- Full-time & continuing
- Location: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, Institute of Koorie Education Koorie Student Centre
The position is responsible for ensuring that the cultural integrity of the University’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait teaching and learning environment provides high quality residential services to student residents from Aboriginal Nations across Australia. The position is accountable for the effective response to University strategic objectives through facility management and the provision of service and student support functions. Key result areas include achievement of occupancy and financial targets, risk management and mitigation and the provision of excellent service and support relating to student academic and personal achievement.
Applications close 18 January 2015, 11:59pm. For more information please contact Ms Rachelle McIvor on +613 5227 3416 or visit the Deakin University website here and search for this position under 'General'.
Various roles - New Melbourne Ice Partnership Pilot
The Aboriginal Metropolitan Ice Partnership initiative is an 18 month pilot project that reflects a new partnership approach between Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs) and Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations (ACCOs) and Alcohol and Drug services.
This exciting initiative will focus on assertive outreach, alcohol and drug support and clinical interventions as well as better access to alcohol and drug services for Aboriginal people and families with ice and other alcohol and drug issues. There are nine positions in total being recruited to - including a Coordinator position based at the Victorian Aboriginal Health Service as well as four Care and Recovery positions and four Counselling positions.
For a description of the positions and contact details, please see below.